Sunday, January 22, 2012

Welcome to Simple Self-Reliance

If you've made your way to this brand-spanking-new blog, I hope you are excited to start feeling more prepared and self-reliant and less overwhelmed about your growing to-do lists!

As a mother of 4 kids 7 years of age and younger, I have A LOT going on. I have lots of hobbies, but I find that at this time in my life I would rather be focusing on the essentials. One of the essentials for me is becoming more self-reliant.

Being self-reliant means to me that my family and I can take care of ourselves. It means we rely on our own capabilities and resources. It means being independent.

I am not an expert by any means, but I want to share what I've learned through my experiences.

I hope to cover some of the following topics in future posts:

Food storage
Emergency Preparedness
Budgeting and debt
Meal planning
Raising self-reliant kids
Couponing and smart shopping
Home Canning and Freezing
Education
Home organization

My hope is that we can take some small, easy steps to make our homes and families more secure and prepared for whatever may come our way.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Robyn. This is a great idea, and I will be reading and doing what you say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Robyn. I really need to get into this more so I'm excited to read all your amazing ideas and put them to use in our house!

    ReplyDelete