Tuesday, June 19, 2012

72-hour kit: Can Opener


As far as 72-hour kits go, I try not to pack any food that requires a can opener, so I personally do not need a can opener in my kit.

However, I think that it is VERY important to have an extra can opener available. So much of what we store is canned food, so it seems only practical to have an extra opener around...maybe even two.

A few weeks ago, our can opener died. The gear thing bent and it was toast...and it was Sunday...and I was in the middle of making dinner...and I needed a can of pineapple.

So off to the neighbors I went. It only took 4 doors til I found one. It was totally embarrassing.

The next day we went out and bought TWO can openers.



This is step 6 on the PLAN 9 pamphlet put together by the Southwest Utah Public Health Department.

See right side of blog for additional steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment