Tuesday, March 26, 2013

More Homemade Household Cleaners

So we've talked about Homemade Laundry Soap and Making Your Own Foam Soap, so I thought I'd mention a few other cheap and easy ways to make your own household cleaners.

For mirrors and windows, I use the following:

1 cup rubbing alcohol
1 cup water
1 T vinegar

Mix ingredients into empty spray bottle.

That's it.

And I really like it. It doesn't streak and it cleans really well. Rubbing alcohol is a great sterilizer and vinegar disinfects and deodorizes as well as removed mildew and grease.

Speaking of grease, one great way to clean greasy areas of your home, like a stove top, is by using 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup vinegar. The soda not only deodorizes, but it works as a mild abrasive that helps when scrubbing a surface without scratching. This combination will leave a white residue, but can be wiped off with a damp cloth.

One more: Wood Polish!

Mix 1/4 cup lemon juice and a few drops of olive oil.
Apply onto wood with soft cloth.

Love using this on my piano. It makes it shine and it smells yummy too!


For more information and recipes, click HERE to see my handout.

No comments:

Post a Comment