Thursday, February 2, 2012

Here's the plan!!!


OK, so I think about this blog a lot. I have tons of posts ready and waiting to be posted. BUT, one of the things that I haven't liked about following blogs about food storage type stuff, is that they give SO much information, have long posts, and multiple posts each week. I don't have time to read everything I'd like and I don't have time or money to get all the things done they suggest.

So...here's the plan. I am only posting ONCE a week, starting next week. I will focus on one or two areas per month on our 3-month supply and one area of the 72-hour kit stuff. There will be a few posts on organization or finances or something relavant on the other weeks of the month.

Here's my 3-month supply schedule:

January- Water
February- Grains
March- Sugars
April- Milk
May- Other beverages
June- Fats & Oils
July- Meats
August- Legumes
September- Fruit
October- Veggies
November- Condiments
December- Snacks

January- Soups and Meals
February- Toiletries
March- Cleaning supplies
April- Baking items and Spices
May- Paper Goods


(I will be using the 3-month Food Storage Template from Prepared LDS Family for lots of my information.)

If you haven't taken inventory of your items, (or even if you have) you can simply count the specific catergory we are focusing on that month.

Here is the 72-hour kit schedule:

January- Water
February- Food
March- Clothing
April- Medication
May- Flashlights
June- Can Opener
July- Radio
August- Toiletries
September- First aid
October- Misc items
(I will be following the guidelines from the PLAN 9 Pamphlet.)

This one will be much easier and affordable to compile each month. I am going to update my items as we go and by September we will have awesome 72-hour kits!

So, I will be posting again next Tuesday!

Work on your water in the meantime. It doesn't mean go spend lots of money and get everything. Have a plan. Watch for sales. (Less than $3 for a 24 pack of water bottles is good.) Fill up your old bottles. Something. But make it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment